Saturday, October 27, 2012

Nicki Minaj

     Inspired by Rosie and Sophia Grace's youtube video of themselves wearing tutus and rapping Nicki Mina's "Super Bass", my sister and I had to see Minaj perform live while "repping" our own tutus. We are exactly like the little girls in the video because we love pink and we love rap (she is clearly the one who raps, and I'm her "beat girl ). When my birthday and college graduation occurred at the same time she knew the best possible gift for me would be Nicki Minaj tickets!

FLASH FORWARD

     We went crazy at the Nicki show! We wore grown up dresses instead of little girly tutus, but she was still the rapper and I will always be her beat girl. As you can read from the buildup, costumes were basically the highlight of the show. In fact, Nicki changed costumes four times during her (umm 45 minute?) show.
     For her show opening, (which was one of the best I have ever seen) Nicki donned the stage draped in a heavy, black robe while dancers wearing black robes and masks hunched around her. The backdrop exploded with images of flames coming through arched, Gothic windows. She began by giving a mosaic speech about her journey into music, "In the beginning there was a girl.", she said. The rest of the evening was more or less cat suits and tutus. Her songs coordinated with her sets and costumes for example, "Beez in the trap" she wore Generously cut "jeggings" in front of a graffiti covered set. Seriously, I am impressed by her thematic song presentation and commitment to her show.

No comments:

Post a Comment