Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Foxy Shazam Concert


Foxy Shazam Melted my Face!

I recently had the thrill of seeing famed Guns and Roses guitarist, Slash, live in ATL at the historic Tabernacle.
Slash was introduced by a band called Foxy Shazam, which was basically a shock-rock band whose set looked like a live action episode of "Super Jail". Foxy Shazam featured their popular radio-played songs “I like it” and "Holy Touch", which were uproarious rock n roll riots! I had heard their music before so it was easy for me to sing along; though most of the crowd didn't know their songs, everybody got into the music and atmosphere.  The band's brightly colored wardrobe and brassy bleached hair lent to their visually stimulating set. Lead singer, Eric Nally, and keyboardist, Schuyler Vaughn, jumped across the stage and leapt up on the keyboard with quick agility not found in nature. Their unnatural energy was channeled into the audience when Schuyler Vaughn crowd surfed while playing the keyboard! The music was received by the audience with enthusiasm and open arms.
By the time their set ended and Slash took the stage, the audience was primed and ready to freakin' Rock!
“I used to have a heart
Man something was there”
-Holy Touch
“That’s the biggest black ass I’ve ever seen
And I like it!”
-I Like It

No comments:

Post a Comment