Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Forgot How Phones Work

Alright, this blog will be dedicated to me, Brook, and all of my misadventures.

     My first tale will about the infamous period of my life know as "Second Semester of my Senior Year". During this period I experienced chronic severe migraines and was prescribed a plethora (5 prescriptions) of nerve pills and other medications; at one point my neurologist treated me for hypertension.

(Pause for dramatic effect)

     Those of you who are knowledgeable of prescription medication and have noted the title of this blog already know that I partied while on blood pressure medication, and this is an extremely dangerous combination. Let the misadventure begin!

     Groggily, I open my eyes while trying fruitlessly to murder my alarm clock. Two questions come to mind: Why is my alarm clock going off in the middle of the day? and How did I get into my bed? One of these questions is immediately answered when I see that it is in fact 8:30 a.m. on a Tuesday. I decide to consult my cell phone in an attempt to piece together my night via text messages and phone calls. According to the 2 a.m. text messages to random frat boys I discover that I was super trashed last night, however I can not explain how I got so wasted on just one drink. Wait, was it just one drink? Oh, Hell!
     As I stumble toward the kettle to mix up a little instant coffee I begin having brief drunk flash backs, which reveal that I not only drank more than one drink, but I was the proprietor of a beer run. Only my best friend, and partner in crime, who was present last night, can solve this mystery. So, I text her and begin grilling her with a web of in-congruent questions including: I'm sorry, did I eat all of your biscotti? Did I try to get that guy to drive me home? Is someone mad at me? and the quintessential, Where is my car?
     It is taking us the course of the morning to piece together the entire night and come to the conclusion that drinking while taking blood pressure medication caused some sort of mental roadblock.

     Among other things, I ask her why I called some guy 4 times in a row at about 2 a.m. She explains that she left her phone at his house and I was helping her find her phone. I am legitimately concerned for her and inquire if she ever did find her phone. To which she simply replies "Yes, I'm texting you, duh."



No comments:

Post a Comment